November 3, 2016
- November 3, 2016
7:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Intellectual Property Group Chair
Downs Rachlin Martin is once again sponsoring The IP Strategy Summit on Thursday, November 3, at the Colonnade in Boston. With all the changes to intellectual property laws, this year the Summit will focus on IP Defense. Specific topics will include:
- The 3 Ps of a Defense Strategy-Prosecution, Portfolio Management & People
- IP Litigation in China: How to Defend and Protect Your Patents in Today’s China
- The Great Game - Defending Against Rivals & Operating Companies
- Defending Against NPEs – Beyond Cost Benefit Analysis
- Post Issuance Proceedings for 2017 and beyond: Defensive Perspectives
- To Trade Secret or to Patent – What Works for Your IP Strategy
Lawrence Meier, DRM’s Intellectual Property Group Chair, will be hosting a roundtable discussion about the creative use of design patents, and whether or not the US Supreme Court is about to drastically change design patent damages. For many companies, design patents are more important than ever, both offensively and defensively. But will the U.S. Supreme Court change all this soon in Samsung v. Apple? This roundtable discussion will explore new and creative ways to use design patents and shed some light on how the U.S. Supreme court might change damage awards for design patent infringement in light of briefs and recent oral argument, and in view of other factors.