Enterprising attorneys always seek outcomes that are greater than just the sum of the parts.
When faced with a time-sensitive opportunity or need to rapidly expand your business through a merger or acquisition, you need an agile, responsive legal team to guide the process. Our Mergers & Acquisitions team has a long history of successfully assisting clients with both straightforward and highly complex mergers and sales transactions. The key factors contributing to our success on behalf of clients include:
- Ensuring that our entire team understands the full picture - the intricacies of the business deal as well as our client's objectives.
- Using state-of-the-art technology to improve efficiency and communication. We collect, store and present data in a way that is accessible and useful to the client. When a project warrants it, we establish virtual private networks with the client.
- Assembling the right team. As one of the region’s largest law firms, we draw from a talented group of attorneys who are experienced in a wide range of transactions. We have a dedicated, trained team of paralegals who are adept at performing data extraction and manipulation processes. We have developed relationships with local counsel throughout the country, and we are accustomed to working with a client's other advisors.
- Being responsive and highly mobile; acting quickly.
- Providing an excellent value to our clients. By combining the rate structure of a mid-sized, Vermont- and New Hampshire-based law firm with reliance on trained paraprofessionals for significant parts of a project, we can achieve significant cost savings for our clients.
As mergers and acquisitions counsel, and drawing on the expertise from the firm’s intellectual property, tax, employment and real estate lawyers, we offer extensive experience in handling due diligence investigations, tax planning and deal structuring in transactions ranging from stock and asset purchases to management buyouts, recapitalizations and reorganizations.