Brattleboro, VT 05301-3668
Labor and employment counsel, achieving strategic resolutions on behalf of management.
Peter Robb’s storied career has spanned all aspects of labor and employment law — from chief Counsel to members of the National Labor Relations Board to legal advisor to some of the largest corporations in the world. His extensive experience includes advising on mergers/acquisitions, plant closings, labor contract negotiations (both large and small), managing lockouts and strikes, securing labor injunctions, discrimination issues and disability claims. His litigation experience includes defending employers from unfair labor practice charges, age and sex discrimination charges, class action age claims, and wage/hour claims as well as bringing suits against labor organizations. With such vast experience and a no-nonsense approach, Peter’s clients look to him for sharp advice, rigorous representation and powerful litigation.
- Represented a major national corporation in a National Labor Relations Board representation case proceeding, which had 34-days of hearing over 3 months to resolve 80 contested classifications covering hundreds of employees. It was the largest representation hearing NLRB Region 1 ever held, and the decision changed the petitioned-for unit by 150 employees. The employer won the election which took place more than two years after the day the petition was filed.
- Peter was chief legal advisor to the Elevator Manufacturers Association of New York in master contract negotiations, covering 80% of the Elevator Constructors working in New York City and the vicinity. Peter guided this industry through a 100-day lockout.
- Regularly advises and litigates on behalf of the major elevator companies in the U.S. through their multi-employer association, NEBA.
- Has successfully defended numerous multi-national corporations in complex arbitrations involving work hours, shifts, apprenticeship issues and work jurisdiction involving complex litigation.
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 1976, editor Maryland Law Forum
Georgetown University, B.A., 1970
U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 1986
District of Columbia, 1989
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1992
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1996
U.S. District Court, District of Vermont, 1995
- ABA Practice and procedures Committee for the National Labor Relations Board
- American Bar Association, 1994
Listed in Best Lawyers®, Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Management, 2007-2018
Chambers and Partners, 2007-2017
Sutton Place Condominium Association, Board Member and Treasurer, Longboat Key, Florida
Brattleboro, VT 05301-3668ph: 802-258-3070